Parents/Guardians are a vital part of every child’s education. This education starts long before children come to school in the simple forms of talking with your children, reading, playing games, and spending time with them.
Fort Vermilion School Division encourages parents/guardians to stay informed and support their children throughout their school career.
We have created a guide to help you communicate effectively with your child's teacher at Parent/Teacher Interviews with tips that can be applied throughout the school year.
View/download the document here: Making the Most of Parent/Teacher Communications
A few more ways to get involved are:
- read with your child often, ideally every day
- stay informed by reading newsletters, agendas and notes from the teacher or school
- participate in parent/teacher interviews
- attend school events and special activities
- talk to your child and show an interest in their school day, friends and favorite activities
2021-2022 UPDATE to Student Reporting for ECS to Grade 6
Fort Vermilion School Division has developed a report card for ECS to Grade 6 that is based on Alberta Curricular Outcomes. For more information on the new report card please see the following links: